Saturday, January 19, 2008

Big Sawaal for Suhani

Big Sawaal for Suhani
Suhani Kalita
Child artiste turned actress Suhani is sitting with her fingers crossed. The film Sawaal is releasing next month and this is her debut film as a lead actress.

She acted in more than 40 films as a child artiste, the most popular one being Manasantha Nuvve. The song Toonina Tooniga topped the music charts for a long period.

Now this Bengali girl is all set to take up the challenge. When asked about the film, she said that she agreed to do the role, when director Jaya asked her without any second thoughts.

“The director projected me well in this film,” said Suhani, who turned 17 on Wednesday. Despite being busy with the film she is not ignoring her studies. “I am now in my graduation and I don’t want to neglect it,” she said.

Suhani always wanted to be a simple person. “I go with my friends to coffee shops and dinners,” said Suhani, when asked how she enjoyed the celebrity status.

Suhani, having been brought up in Hyderabad, knows the local language very well which she describes as an advantage working in Telugu films.

“I am here to prove myself. I don’t want to disappear after one or two films but want to stay long,” said Suhani firmly. She praised director Jaya for encouraging her a lot.

But there is a lot of competition for the lead actresses, especially from Mumbai girls, Suhani said adding, “If you are talented you will be picked”.

She was not bothered about people spinning rumours about her. She said adding, moreover, “sometimes I get hurt, but I decided to concentrate on my career.”

At present her Sawaal is ready for release and she is also acting in another film Krushi. Suhani acted as a child artiste in all the four South Indian languages and Hindi as well. She also won a

No comments: